Under the southwestern “hook” of Vermont, where the Taconic Mountains give way to the historic Champlain Valley, lies the picturesque town of Fair Haven…the Slate Center of the Nation…and Vermont’s Western Gateway…. Chartered and first settled in 1779, Fair Haven first prospered as a mill town, with numerous works developed on the falls of the Castleton River by Col. Matthew Lyon. In the mid-1800’s, the first slate quarries were opened, marking the beginning of an industry that has continued to thrive until the present day. Twenty-first century Fair Haven is a charming village, featuring a large central green just north of the downtown business district, surrounded by some of the finest examples of Victorian architecture in the state. The green is home to many events throughout the year, including Spring Fling, a summer concert series, and annual AppleFest. The business district features many quaint shops and eateries, within walking distance of most of the community. The townspeople are friendly…the schools and public services are first rate…and the opportunities here are limited only by one’s creativity and imagination. On your next visit to Vermont, stop by Fair Haven…and spend the day…or a lifetime…
- 2015 Consumer Confidence Report
- PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT REQUEST FOR PROPOSALSThe Town of Fair Haven is soliciting Proposals for the procurement of a 2017 Model Year 43,000 Lb. GVRW single axle dump truck for municipal summer/winter highway maintenance and general public works usage. The Town will consider both new builds and “demonstrator” trucks, provided they meet the Specifications.
As part of the requested Proposal, the Town offers for trade-in consideration a 2005 International 7400 single axle truck, with front sander dump body, one-way plow and wing. This vehicle may be seen at the Fair Haven Town Garage, 4 Maple St. Ext., Fair Haven, VT, between 7:00 A.M. and 3:30 PM weekdays, or by appointment.
Detailed Specifications are available by contacting the Town Office. Sealed Proposals, clearly marked “Truck Bid”, may be submitted to the Fair Haven Town Office, 3 North Park Place, Fair Haven, VT 05743. Deadline for submittal is 4:00 PM on Friday, June 3rd, 2016. Proposals will be opened and evaluated by the Town Manager and Public Works Superintendent, and a recommendation for award will be made to the Fair Haven Board of Selectmen at their regular meeting, scheduled for 7:00 P.M. on Tuesday, June 7th, 2016.
This purchase is governed by the terms and conditions of the Fair Haven Municipal Purchasing Policy, a copy of which is available through the Town Office. The Town of Fair Haven reserves the right to reject any and all Proposals, when deemed to be in its best interests.
For further information, please contact Walter “Bud” Panoushek, Public Works Superintendent, at (802) 265-3192 or (802) 342-0423, or Herb Durfee III, Town Manager, at (802) 265-3010 X5.
- The Town of Fair Haven is seeking to fill the vacant seat of Town Representative to the Rutland Regional Planning Commission. If you or anyone you know may be interested in or have questions regarding this position, please contact the Town Office at 265-3010, x1.
- Biosolids: Beneficial Reuse Fact Sheet
- Warning-Fair Haven Town School District
- Reminder: 2016 Transfer Station permits are available in the Town Office for $5.00 each and are required in order for residents to use the Transfer Station. Proof of residency (Fair Haven/West Haven) will be required at the time of purchase. Contact the Town Office at 265-3010, x1 with questions regarding permits.
- Public Hearing Notice: 2nd Hearing
- Future Land Use Map Draft for 2nd Public Hearing April 14
- Town Plan-Maps Without Future Land Use 3 May 2016
- Town Plan Draft Jan 2016
- Town Plan-Selectboard Plan Draft for 2nd Public Hearing 24 May 2016
Town Meeting, Presidential Primary, and Water Bond Information:
- Absentee ballots are available and ready for early voting. See Suzanne Dechame, Town Clerk.
- FYE2017 Proposed Revenue Budget
- FYE2017 Proposed Expense Budget
- Sample Ballot: Annual Town & School Meeting 2016
- Water Bond Summary Info
- Preliminary Engineering Report (90% Report) available by calling the Town Offices – 802-265-3010 x1
Public Service Announcement
Many Vermont Veterans, or Veterans in the surrounding tri-state area, do not know that the Vermont Home for Veterans exists or of the programs and care that they provide for service men and women, their spouses and families. For more information, visit the sites below.
- 2016 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
- Have you noticed……………the Town now has two electric car charging stations which are located on the eastern side of the park. Thank you to our Selectboard and GMP for providing this service.
- Free Paint Recycling Centers
SADIE LARAMIE’S QUILT SQUARE AT VLCT: SadieLaramieQuiltSquareOnDisplay