Under the southwestern “hook” of Vermont, where the Taconic Mountains give way to the historic Champlain Valley, lies the picturesque town of Fair Haven…the Slate Center of the Nation…and Vermont’s Western Gateway…. Chartered and first settled in 1779, Fair Haven first prospered as a mill town, with numerous works developed on the falls of the Castleton River by Col. Matthew Lyon. In the mid-1800’s, the first slate quarries were opened, marking the beginning of an industry that has continued to thrive until the present day. Twenty-first century Fair Haven is a charming village, featuring a large central green just north of the downtown business district, surrounded by some of the finest examples of Victorian architecture in the state. The green is home to many events throughout the year, including Spring Fling, a summer concert series, and annual AppleFest. The business district features many quaint shops and eateries, within walking distance of most of the community. The townspeople are friendly…the schools and public services are first rate…and the opportunities here are limited only by one’s creativity and imagination. On your next visit to Vermont, stop by Fair Haven…and spend the day…or a lifetime…
The Selectboard would like to announce that the current term of Health Officer for the Town is due to expire soon. If you are interested in filling this position for the ensuing term, please submit a letter of interest to the Town Office by close of business on Friday, October 28, 2016.Although the person currently fulfilling this position remains interested in serving in this capacity, the Selectboard feels that all interested parties have an opportunity to submit letters of interest and be considered for all appointed positions within the Town.If you have questions regarding this position, contact the Town Office at 265-3010, x1.
- Assistant Chief Operator-Water Treatment Plant
- Flu Shot Clinic- Fair Haven Town Office
- Cracker Barrel with the Town Manager
- Assistant Chief Operator Wastewater Aug2016 NEW!
- 2015 Consumer Confidence Report
- The Town of Fair Haven is seeking to fill the vacant seat of Town Representative to the Rutland Regional Planning Commission. If you or anyone you know may be interested in or have questions regarding this position, please contact the Town Office at 265-3010, x1.
- Biosolids: Beneficial Reuse Fact Sheet
- Public Hearing Notice: 3rd Hearing
- Public Hearing Notice: 2nd Hearing
- Future Land Use Map Draft for 2nd Public Hearing April 14
- Town Plan-Maps Without Future Land Use 3 May 2016
- Town Plan Draft Jan 2016
- Town Plan-Selectboard Plan Draft for 2nd Public Hearing 24 May 2016
Town Meeting, Presidential Primary, and Water Bond Information:
- 2016 General Election Ballot
- 2016 General Election Warning
- Warning-Special Town Meeting
- Absentee ballots are available and ready for early voting. See Suzanne Dechame, Town Clerk.
- FYE2017 Proposed Revenue Budget
- FYE2017 Proposed Expense Budget
- Sample Ballot: Annual Town & School Meeting 2016
- Water Bond Summary Info
- Preliminary Engineering Report (90% Report) available by calling the Town Offices – 802-265-3010 x1
Public Service Announcement
Many Vermont Veterans, or Veterans in the surrounding tri-state area, do not know that the Vermont Home for Veterans exists or of the programs and care that they provide for service men and women, their spouses and families. For more information, visit the sites below.
- 2016 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
- Have you noticed……………the Town now has two electric car charging stations which are located on the eastern side of the park. Thank you to our Selectboard and GMP for providing this service.
- Free Paint Recycling Centers
SADIE LARAMIE’S QUILT SQUARE AT VLCT: SadieLaramieQuiltSquareOnDisplay