- FHPD Frequently Asked Questions June 2014
- Press Releases and Monthly Stats
- Monthly report 8-12-12
- Monthly report 9-12
The Fair Haven Police Dept was founded in 1963 upon the merger of the Town and Village of Fair Haven into one. In 1963 Andrew Brown was appointed the first Chief of Police of the new dept. Chief Brown served in this role until 1994. In 1994 Hank Klein was appointed and served from 1994 to 1995 leaving to purse a career out of state. In 1995 long time Sgt. Raymond Viger was promoted to Police Chief… and held the position from 1995 to 2005. Chief Viger was employed from approx. 1979 until his retirement in 2005 at age 70. In 2005 William Humphries was promoted to Chief and currenlty serves in this role. Humphries began employment in 1998 as a Patrolman.
The Police Dept. currently has four full time officers including the chief. One officer is federally funding through the COPS Program. The Dept also has a School Reasource Officer assisgned to the Fair Haven Union High School, a part time Detective and a cadre of part time officers.
In addition to our Office we have a Domestic Violence adovate which works with Both the Castleton Police and our agency. The DV advocate is fully funding with STOP DV grant obtained by the Rutland County Womens network and shelter. For Domestic violence services (24 hrs a day) please contact our and you will be refered to our Advocate.
Lakes Region Police Cadets: The Fair Haven Police Dept, Fair Haven Union High School and with assistance from the Castleton Police Dept also sponsors a Cadet Program for youth ages 15 to 20 for youth interested in Law Enforcement. This program meets Weds from 3:30 pm to 5:00 at the High Schools. We encourage any youth interested in Law Enforcement to contact this agency or show up at the times listed. We accept youth from throughout the region.
- Chief William Humphries William.Humphries@state.vt.us
- Sgt. Shaun Hewitt Shaun.Hewitt@state.vt.us
- Cpl. Dale Kerber Dale.Kerber@state.vt.us
- Det. Gary Boutin Gary.Boutin@state.vt.us
- Patrolman James.Riehl@state.vt.us
- School Resource Officer Sherri Prouty Sherri.Prouty@state.vt.us
- Sean Galvin, Sean.Galvin@state.vt.us
- David Ricard Sr, David.Ricard@state.vt.us
- Jason Vandenburgh, Jason.Vandenburgh@state.vt.us
- James Gamble, James.Gamble@state.vt.us
- Todd Prevost, Todd.Prevost@state.vt.us
- Animal Control/Patrolman Ryan Rooker Ryan.Rooker@state.vt.us
- Police Clerk/Records/Admin Bonnie Rosati Bonnie.Rosati@state.vt.us
This has been established as an informational online stop for the residents and visitors of Fair Haven, VT. This page is maintained by our website administrator, we reserve the right to remove any postings or comments we deem inappropriate or as SPAM.
Notice: Applicants for excess vehicle weight permits please apply throught the Fair Haven PD at 802-265-8293 or 7839. Thanks!